Followers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Silver Springs ~ Tuesday's Show & Tail

On a Wednesday! So I'm a day late, lol!

Dad and I spent part of last Thursday at Silver Springs in Ocala, FL. I had not been there since 1983 when I was 11 and have been wanting to go for a while now. So, part of my tax refund went toward taking a day trip and that's where we went. Here are some of the critters we saw:










I will share more next time!



That's me on the left in blue! I was so skinny then. My brother is next to me.
It was an enjoyable day, but I was somewhat disappointed. You see, back in the day 1983, the Glass Bottom boat cruise was a lot longer and there were monkeys all over the place along the banks:



I really wanted to see the monkeys! There was also a space with Lloyd Bridges "Star" chair and Ivan Lors's Director Chair from the Tarzan set:


Not there anymore. :(

So, after spending over $60.00 on the entrance, $20.00 on lunch (a hot dog, water, reg drink, and a pulled bbq sandwich), $7.00 to park, and $45.00 in gas, I have decided to save my money next time and go somewhere else. Maybe Homosassa Springs!

5 comments:

  1. Nice you have the older memories. I can remember when I was a kid going through Yellowstone Park, bears would come up to your car asking for food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! There were some wonderful memories from Summer vacations with dad. I know I took more pictures than what is shown back then. I am hoping I still have the negatives in my massive box of them (remember before digital?!?! lol).

    @Michaele: We spent a summer in Wyoming and it was always fun to drive through the parks and mountains seeing the real wildlife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice memories you have - and I'm glad that you spend some money and treated yourself.

    Enjoyed the scenery.

    Love,
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! I love the one of the turtles all sunning in a row! It is so hard when things change from when you last remember them. I just really can't get over the price of things like that. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete