Followers

Monday, January 10, 2011

Cooter Pond Park ~ Tuesday’s Show & Tail

P10743432

Yes, you read that right! LOL

 

This park is actually more of a boardwalk over the pond (well, it’s really more of a lake) located in downtown Inverness, FL! I laughed when I saw the name!!! You know you’re in the south when you start seeing places named “Cooter” – tee hee hee.

 

Anyway, my dad and I took a walk along the boardwalk and I managed to capture some of the wildlife on my camera:

 

Dad said the gator was probably about 4 foot. And the birds, they were fun to watch. Their movements are so deliberate!

9 comments:

  1. That is a funny name for a park! lol Cooter! I wonder if Boss Hog had something to do with naming it! lol

    Great pictures! That really looks like an interesting place to visit. I've never been that close to a gator before. I suppose they can't get at you on the board walk. I sure hope they can't! Thanks for taking us along with you on your visit to Cooter Pond Park!

    Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cute. Dukes of Hazzard-style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. only in the south...interesting place.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Cooter" is too funny! When I moved down here and saw "Pig River", I thought I was going to die!..:)JP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo funny, my hubby has called me that(cooter) before!!!!

    Jo
    LazyonLoblolly

    ReplyDelete
  6. The name doesn't surprise me at, since I also live in FL! There are all sorts of strangely named places in this pretty state. Your pictures are lovely and capture the essense of a Florida most of our visitors never see. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone!!!

    @Angela: My dad's roommate (many moons ago, like in the early 1980s) brought a baby gator into our house one summer. Guess you could say we had one as a pet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Julie!!! I wish I'd known you were going to be there!! Thats where I live!! I live less than 2 miles from there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spur of the moment, Emily! We will have to plan something though.

    ReplyDelete