Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Blue Jay, Squirrel & Frogs ~ Tuesday’s Show & Tail

Well, I haven’t posted one of these in quite awhile I see. Thought I would post one for today.

In front of our trailer, there are always cardinals, blue jays and other birds flying about. I happened to get close enough to capture this beauty:

IMG_1204

My former step-cousins, now friends (long story short their mom and my uncle were married until his death in 1993), found a nest of baby squirrels that blew out of one of her trees not too long ago. Here is the one that survived:

IMG_1191IMG_1193

Ain’t it cute?!!? Her mom and brother are nursing it and keeping it as a pet.

And for my birthday, my bestie sent me another Froggy something:

IMG_1201

I love it!

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing the Blue Jays! Did you know the female and male look exactly alike? They do! What a sweet little baby squirrel! I've seen another blog that raised one from a baby and released it later. She had a great time with it. Happy Late Birthday! Love your frog snow globe!

    Tuesdays' Show & Tail!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, hope the baby squirrel will survive - but good luck to them in keeping it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I am sure it will survive. They have had pet squirrels before, as well as skunks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That squirrel is adorable. I've found them like that in my yard too, but I ended up taking them to a wildlife rehabilitator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! free travel

    ReplyDelete